Sunday, July 10, 2005

manual tranny

wow. there was a time in my life when, for whatever reason, be it laziness or fear, i hated manual transmisssions and refused to learn to drive one. never again will you catch me even thinking such thoughts.

yesterday was some good fun, lemme tell ya. first, my friends and i got together in the early afternoon to sign one of those huge birthday cards for our friend in the Dakotas. he's on his 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (most people refer to us as "Mormons"), and he's almost been out for a whole year. after that, we hung out for awhile, playing video games and stuff, and had dinner at a local Chinese buffet. good times. but the best part was at 11 pm. most of my friends drive cars with manual transmissions, and i've been wanting to learn for awhile, because i at least want to know how. *shrug* so they took me to a stretch of road that's behind a closed road sign and doesn't lead anywhere yet, and started teaching me there. well, now i know why those who drive stick swear by it. :D besides being a challenge, which i enjoy, it was a rush. first gear is definitely hard, but i'm starting to get it, and at the very least, now, if someone really needs me to drive their manual car home or something, i could do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home