Sunday, October 14, 2007

backtrack

Well, I *thought* I was getting better, but it turns out I'm actually getting worse. :| I guess it's my fault for going out and doing stuff yesterday instead of resting and drinking orange juice all day like I probably should have. Doctor visit tomorrow...

Yesterday, we went to the ice caves (when I have a better idea of the location I'll edit it in), which included quite a stretch of a dirt road that was perfect for off-roading. So that was a fun event in itself, and my friend's old Chevy Blazer is still in one piece. ^_^;; I feel like such a wuss though, because I only went a few yards into the cave before I freaked out and came back out. What I saw of it was very cool, and if I was a bit smaller I might not have panicked so much. See, they're called the *ice* caves for a reason, as there is very thick ice on the floor and around the walls and ceiling further in year-round. But in order to get to the bigger, open areas, you have to squeeze through some very claustrophobic tubes, and I guess I just freaked out. Dark, tight spaces through which I've never been and really don't know what's beyond doesn't sit well with me. It's one thing to go on a guided tour through caves you can walk upright through most of the way (Mammoth Caves, etc.), and I had a hard enough time with that as a kid.

Maybe next time I'll do better, if there is a next time. :|

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger le Bohème said...

Thanks for linking my comic. :D You rock!

(you showed up in my referrers - so you know that's how I found you. ^_^)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Erin Duncan said...

Hey Juno! You're welcome. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home