Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas 2006

For Christmas this year, my family has decided to do things a little differently. My parents decided that instead of buying us gifts, they're giving us $100 to spend on ourselves, and $20 to spend on each sibling, or just give the money to each of them. Needless to say, we've all decided to just give each other the money, but there's a catch. We can't just do the traditional stick-it-in-a-card-and-say-Merry-Christmas thing; we actually have to put some creative effort into giving them the money. My mom suggested things like a treasure hunt or hiding it in a cookie or something to that extent, but my immediate idea was doing artwork for each of them and giving it to them with the money. My mom agreed that it's allowed, so I'm putting my artistic abilities to work. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, I haven't been more in the Christmas spirit than I currently am. I'm giving of my time and talents and it's really fun!

I'll be posting progression of the artworks on my art blog. There's one up today, so go check it out! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home