Thursday, February 01, 2007

Winter Sports

First of all, I have a confirmation on Rush Hour 3 in the form of a teaser trailer on YouTube. Why must they assault my ears with Chris Rock and Jackie Chan singing!??!?! >.< Lol.

Secondly, I'm slacking off in my posting again, so I think it's time to bring the blog back up to speed.

Last Saturday was pretty fun, I must say. A group of us from my LDS ward went up the hill past the ever-progressing temple to a currently snow-buried agricultural field that has a good sized hill. It happens to be perfect for both types of sledders: the funloving and the insane. Which type am I? Heh, well...I plead insanity on grounds of letting myself be coaxed into taking the insane run first. I now know better for next time. See, the fun end of the hill was nice and long and semi-shallow; just steep enough to keep a sled going all the way to bottom at a decent speed. The insane end, however, was short and steep enough to literally be a cliff. Everyone who had gone down by the time I took the challenge had done just fine. We were using inner tubes, as regular sleds were out of the question for the sheerness of it. We decided to try a new technique, putting a smaller, regular-sized tube inside one big enough for several of us to sit around so that we wouldn't fall through the middle. Well, it didn't do much good, because when they pushed us off, they threw our weight off. Rather than keeping the weight to the back, which would have kept us all successfully on and safe, all our weight ended up on the left side, where I was on the very outside. All I remember is seeing the edge, starting to go off of it, and then my face was planted in the snow, and I somehow ended up on the right side of the jumble of all of us. It was kickin' rad, but I paid for it starting later that day. I found out how I'd fallen by the soreness I felt all along my right side and my entire neck. I'm all better now, fortunately, and I once again didn't break any bones. Next time, it's the shallow run for me.

Saturday was also the Best of Guitars Unplugged, which is always fun. The performers who made it in were pretty good, though the ones who did Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars could have done a bit better job in my honest opinion. The lead singer was just off-key enough to drive me insane, and their backup instrumentation was lacking. But meh. Great job for putting themselves out there in front of a thousand or more of us, their fellow students. I'm gonna work on a number for next Fall's concert. Hopefully they'll let me have a bass from BYU Provo and a 12-year-old drummer. :D

Also, I'm finding myself being "fired" far too often these days. You all need to be more convincing/specific/whatever when it comes to certain things!!! I'd have made a bigger effort to watch it, despite the lack of TV in my apartment, had I only known!!! (*cough*Heroes*cough*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home