Friday, October 19, 2007

midterm

Wow, it's kinda weird to think that I'm already about halfway through this semester. Each one at BYU-I is only about 12 weeks long. It's nice, because you don't feel like it just drags on and on and like you'll never get done, but it's not so nice because all the instructors have to fit what used to be 16 weeks worth of lesson material into a whole month less of time. It's taking some adjusting on the part of everyone, but overall I really think it's a good change. The teachers have learned to cut back on the amount of work somewhat, and we students have learned how to work extra hard to get good at what we do.

Also, I'm very grateful to Ricardo Rosas, the art director for Skogen Group in Salt Lake City, for the wonderful presentation and lecture he gave last night for my art seminar class. I've been in a bit of a rut, wondering what the crap I'm going to do with my life once I finally graduate. His work and the way things are done at Skogen have really helped me realize that I don't have to be an amazing artist like the peers who intimidate me so much. I can do the parts I excel at and then hire a photographer and/or illustrator to help me! Or, I can get hired for just my specialty. I don't have to do it all! I guess I didn't really understand my area of emphasis as much as I thought. Graphic Design is definitely the way to go for me, and I'm finally excited about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home