Friday, August 07, 2009

OK!

Alright so I'm glad I didn't update on the negatives because yesterday made up for all of those nasty little things that had piled up a couple days ago. ^.^

First of all, the weather in Bakersfield for the past couple of days has been absolutely gorgeous and amazing. It worries me ever so slightly to be in the 80's in August in Bakersfield...not that I'm complaining...BUT! When you consider that we were just in the 100's for a week or two solid before this...it worries me, lol.

Anyway, yesterday my family and I went down to Los Angeles, where the weather was even more gorgeous, to go to the Dodgers baseball game. It was "Mormon night," which they've done every year for the past 15, so there were a lot of people there whom we knew and enjoyed the game with. My LDS friends and family will be interested to know that an area 70 authority whose name I don't remember caught the ceremonial first pitch thrown by none other than M. Russell Ballard himself! That in itself was awesome before the game even started! We also were able to get tickets in the right field pavilion, which happens to be where you can get all-you-can-eat Dodger Dogs, nachos, sodas/water, popcorn, and peanuts all night (until they run out, anyway, heh). It was a pretty good game too. Very nail-biting for us Dodgers fans considering the Braves had the first say and stayed 2 points ahead until the bottom of the 9th inning. But then Juan Pierre and Rafael Furcal got on base with no outs, and Andre Ethier knocked one into our right field pavilion for a walk-off home run. It was great!

All I've done today is play video games, but it's ok because it's my day off work and my best friend is over playing video games with me. So great end to my weekend. ^_^

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Catherine Rains said...

Sounds fun! Glad that things have taken a positive turn! Thanks for the update! (finally!!! lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home