Monday, April 20, 2009

blogger CPR, (| Can I have it? |)

I think I need a life. Final Fantasy XI really has taken up way more of my life than I'd care to admit, and it just hit me like, 10 seconds ago that my life pretty much revolves around it. All I can think about when I'm at work or doing something besides playing the game is "hurry and get this done so I can get back to playing FFXI." If I have no internet, such as happened for the past week and a half previous to Saturday night, instead of reading any number of books I keep meaning to or doing any number of artistically/musically engaging projects I have written down to work on or writing any number of stories I have ideas for in my head, I just get restless and bored and pissy over the net being down. I can't see past the fact that I'm losing precious in-game time, and that scares me. I think I may have to take a month or two off at the very least, so that I can focus on the fact that I'm finally home again and there are any number of things going on that I could be doing with the people I care about most, rather than wasting away in front of my laptop. I've never been very good at prioritizing and putting the most important things first, and I know I don't have to just quit the game cold turkey, just cut back and set aside time for other things.

So, there. I admit it. I'm an addict, and I've got to do something about it. What exactly that is, I don't know yet. But hopefully you'll see more of me here and on twitter/facebook/myspace as I figure out that everything *can* be done as long as I do it right, and in the right order. In the meantime, I'm back home in Bakersfield for the summer, for those who didn't know already. ^^ It's good to be back, but holy crap it is already way too hot! Lol. Also, in closing, and for your amusement, some highlights from the drive home:

To the man in the dark grey '05 Honda Accord who kept passing me, then getting passed by me, then passing me again, and so on, pretty much the entire way from St. George to Barstow: Cruise control, (| Do you have it? |). Seriously...I drive a '93 Saturn with no cruise and I still managed to keep at a pretty constant speed the whole way across the desert. It's a bit frustrating to keep getting stuck behind you going just barely under the speed limit, only to get passed by you over and over as you decide to start going 5-10 *over* the speed limit for whatever reason.

To the kid in the silver '09 Mustang GT, driving around in heavy Las Vegas traffic like a bat outta hades: Go ahead kid, come within inches of nicking me and two other cars ONE more time. I dare you. My car's a piece of crap, and it'd be worth a couple more battle scars to prove that you do NOT, in fact, own the road, nor are you impervious just because you're new and shiny and fast.

And last, but certainly not least, to the jerk in the black Corvette Z06 doing 60 in a 70 zone going through Mojave, cruising with your top down in the fast lane as we're all forced to pass you on the right: owning a brand-new, black, convertible Corvette does not mean you automatically belong in the fast lane at all times. The "slower traffic keep right" sign does, in fact, apply even to you.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Catherine Rains said...

Well, I am certified in healthcare provider CPR so here goes:

Me: *Tapping* Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok?
Erin:(no response, because Erin is playing FFXI)
Me:My name is Catherine. I'm certified in Basic Life Support of the blogger kind. *Checks breathing and pulse*
Erin:(no breathing or pulse...Erin must be doing homework...or playing FFXI)
Catherine: *pointing at the nearest bystander* You call 911 and get an AED. Stat.
*Proceeds to give 2 breaths and 30 chest compressions* Is it working? nope Erin is STILL playing FFXI. Time of death: The moment she started playing FFXI...

Hey thanks for the update! I hope things are going well for you! I loved your commentary on people driving! Cruise control is an absolute must in any car that I will ever own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home