Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Star Wars: The Old Republic

The whole MMORPG scene is still pretty new to me. I just barely started playing Final Fantasy XI Online this past summer, and I'm pretty into it now. I don't get to play very often at the moment because Legacy Ridge's internet blocks my access to it on a regular basis. I have to settle for playing from 10am-4pm at the Madison Library because it's really the only time I have anyway. The whole needing to do homework and get a job thing should take priority and I'm forced to let it this way.

Anyway, when I first heard that Bioware and Lucasarts were working on a Star Wars MMO, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. Don't get me wrong, Knights of the Old Republic I & II were both REALLY good and fun to play through. But the art and CGI design were a bit rough and shaky, in my opinion. They weren't nearly as smooth and detailed as the world of Vana'diel (FFXI).

Now, however, having seen some of the in-progress work on The Old Republic, I'm so freakin' excited. It's basically the same working concept as the KotOR games, where you face front all the time, it's turn-based, and probably even uses the same controls for all I know. But the character design, creatures, landscapes, and EVERYTHING is so much more lifelike and detailed, right on par with FFXI.

Not that I'll give up FFXI when TOR comes out, but it's definitely going to compete for my attention, being the hardcore Star Wars fanatic that I am. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home