Tuesday, October 14, 2008

...why?!!!

Ok seriously. I am so simultaneously pissed off and relieved at the same time right now. I'm working on a poster for a (fictional) restaurant called Casa de la Oriental; fusion cuisine of Latin America and the Orient. I'm really quite happy with the way it's turning out, too. I've spent quite a few hours on it just today, not to mention yesterday and the days before. It's a good thing I usually do well with saving often, because I'm remembering just how immature/thoughtless roommates can be.

So I'm working on a shadow effect for the Chinese dragon holding a sombrero, about to mask a little piece of it to make it look better overall, when all of a sudden, the power goes out. I got that butterflies/freakout feeling and groaned, then immediately had to restrain myself from yelling out profanities as I hear, "sorry Erin!" and the power comes almost immediately back on. Come to find out my roomie is messing with the breaker box for NO reason other than freaking out a second roomie in the shower. I calmed myself before opening the door and peeking out, asking what was going on. She apologized again; I sighed and told Windows to start normally.

JUST before it gets to the login screen, a third roomie comes out and asks what's going on, and she flips the breaker AGAIN to show what she did. This time, while I again restrained myself, I did mention just a bit angrily that my computer has enough issues as it is (stupid Vista) and I was in the middle of an important, due-tomorrow project that just might not be there anymore at this point. If it hadn't been, you can be sure that I really would have been more than a little angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home