Friday, September 19, 2008

the great outdoors

I just got back from a nice park in St. Anthony, ID, which is about 15 minutes from Rexburg. My aunt and uncle and their two kids picked me up and we drove up. The swings are huge, there's a huge slide and seesaws, and a merry-go-round. There are also some nice, tall, solid trees with climbing potential, and lots of soft grass and a shaded picnic area. It's also right next to the Snake River, and you can walk down right next to the water. There's a sandbar with a waterslide right across the river as well. There's so much photographic potential and it's a really nice place to relax! It was beautiful right between 6 and 7 today, perfect temperature, perfect lighting...I'm so excited to go back and do photoshoots. :D

Right before that, we ate at a little hole-in-the-wall place called Chiz's. It's a really small, bar-style place with EXCELLENT food. They open at 5pm, and I understood why it's important to be there RIGHT at 5. There seriously are only about 25 barstools and it was full when we got there at 5:10. But it was so worth standing around for a little while. They do a prime rib and shrimp combo on Friday and Saturday nights, and both were absolutely delicious. The shrimp were HUGE!

Oh, and much earlier in the day, I finally caved and bought a new cord for my phone. :| I checked the mail first, and I got my hopes all up when there was a key to one of the package compartments. But the package was for my roomie, not for me. So, disgruntled, seeing as it has been at least a week and a half since my brother SWEARS he got my cord in the mail, I went to the Verizon store in town. I walked in and told him my story, and since there weren't any regular chargers, he gave me this brand new one they had just gotten in at a discount because I'm a loyal Verizon customer and he felt bad about the mail thing. $40 was the discounted price. >:( At least it's retractable, which is definitely cool...

...but I bet you anything, my regular one will arrive in the mail tomorrow. :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home