Monday, February 02, 2009

planning

I don't know why I have such a hard time yanking myself away from my stupid computer and doing those things which *should* take priority above anything else at the time, but I really do. It's bad.

I really intended to get a lot of homework/projects done today, but it really didn't happen. I worked yesterday on making the book that's due tomorrow, but that's about it. Not that I wasn't productive at all; I got my room clean and I dug out a planner and wrote down all of the homework, projects, quizzes, and other important class-related stuff that are coming up due within the next week or two. So at least I accomplished *something* today.

It's funny because I haven't done the whole planner thing probably since freshman or sophomore year, and my grades have really reflected it. I haven't gotten anything worse than a C, but considering that up until college I got nothing but mostly A's and a handful of B's, my grades pretty much suck. What's really weird is that something about writing down everything on paper really really helps me focus and get things done. Maybe it's because I take pleasure in being able to cross stuff off the list when it's all done that I actually am more motivated. *shrug* Whatever the reason, I'm actually excited now to have it all laid out and ready to rock. ^^

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Catherine Rains said...

You mean like wasting time on the computer instead of doing homework? I wouldn't know anything about that :)

I agree with you about writing it down on paper though. I'm the same way. Unless it is written down in my own handwriting, it won't get done, or will be forgotten about.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger RoseAnna said...

Hey Erin! I'm so glad that we are blogging buddies!! How fun. I love blogging...it makes it easier to keep in contact! Take Care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home