Tuesday, February 21, 2006

x-ur-size

So, I've decided it's high time I got in shape. I'm more than a little overweight, and that's a fact. I would love more than anything to go for a bike ride every day after class, but I don't have a bike, for one thing, and even if I did, it would be kinda hard to ride it in the snow and mess that is Iceberg, erm, I mean Rexburg. I've decided to do a rigorous stretch session right when i get home to improve my flexibility and tone up a bit, and then when the twins get home from work, we'll do different exercise routines each day to mix it up so that we don't get bored and drop it. Some days we'll do aerobics like the "dancercize" routines they've been teaching us or Tae-Bo, others we'll go to the gym and work out on the machines and lift weights. Since my money situation hasn't been all that great for the past couple of weeks, I've had no choice but to cut back on my eating habits. That, coupled with all the walking I do up on campus each day, has made me shed a few noticeable pounds, and that's what's motivating me. The walking isn't enough in order to seriously lose weight and get in shape, hence the workout program in the evening. I do need to start eating a little bit more once I have money for food on Thursday, but no second helpings or splurging on foods that I don't need. I hope to at least lose enough to fit into my bridesmaid dress that I bought two sizes too small by the time Amy's wedding comes around in August.

Oh crap, that reminds me; I should probably find out everything the Maid of Honor is supposed to do and get moving on that. I have four weddings/receptions to attend this year...four friggin weddings! Allison (old roomie) gets married in May, Becca (current roomie) at the beginning of August, Amy (best friend) at the end of August, and BriAnne (sister) in October. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home