Sunday, February 04, 2007

*insert nonspecific expletive here*

Well crap. My cell phone luck continues to amaze (read: frustrate) me. About a year and a half ago, my parents finally decided to get a family plan with Verizon that includes them, my brother, and I. Only a little less than a month later, my cousin decided that she didn't already have enough crap of her own that she had to take my stuff, including my cell phone, and lie about it, knowing there was no way for me to prove it and that her mom wouldn't believe me. Great. I'd already used my well-earned money on a brand-new phone, so I was quite limited on funds for a replacement. Luckily, the Verizon here in Rexburg had a used phone that one of their former employees had used. Unfortunately, she had also *abused* it a bit. :| But I took good care of it, bought a new cover, and only dropped it once or twice quite by accident. By my guess, it's probably 3 years old now, so it's been a pretty good phone, all minor complaints aside.

Well, to get to the point, for whatever reason, it decided that tonight was the night to take a turn for the worst. I was trying to eat my ramen and cradle it under my chin, but I guess it got tired of me eating in front of it, because it took a nose dive into my bowl. Now, there wasn't really anything left, so I thought it would be fine. Wiped it off, made sure there wasn't anything in the battery chamber (there wasn't), and then tried to apologize to my mom on the other line, only to find that i couldn't hear her. Not because I'd lost the signal, mind you, but because it just wasn't sending or receiving any vocal feedback. :|

Symptoms (it's an LG VX3200):
Says "- Car Kit -" at the bottom instead of "- Vib and High -".
No beeping noises when I push buttons anymore.
No ringing OR vibrating when someone calls.
Caller can hear it ringing on their end, but neither of us can hear each other when I answer. (This goes for when I have the hands-free hooked up, too.)
Pressing and holding the * key no longer sets it to silent/vibrate.
Phone thinks it's charging when the cord is NOT hooked to it.

Does anyone have *any* idea of what I can do?!?!?! I already tried removing and re-inserting the battery. :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home