Sunday, January 13, 2008

internet and Vista troubles

So last semester, I just had the laptop, and no matter where in my apartment I took it, the wireless signal was always either very good or excellent. Considering we have a hub right above us in the front room, that made perfect sense to me. Now, the hub has not moved, has not been touched, yet here I sit RIGHT UNDER IT and my signal is so low that it's barely able to keep me online at all. And then there's the brand new desktop I got for Christmas, only a couple dozen feet away in my bedroom, that can't even connect at all. Um, wtf anyone?

Also, I'm just chilling out here trying to check my email with what little connectivity there is, and my desktop, which has Vista on it, just randomly restarted itself. I had a blank Adobe Illustrator CS3 document open and minimized, but nothing else was running. Having Vista is the ONLY way I'll be able to play Halo 2 on my compy, so I put up with it and try to be patient with it, knowing that XP had bugs and issues for quite awhile after its birth as well. But in the meantime, I curse it's very existence and wonder, why can't you work out the bugs BEFORE you go public and make things mandatory to run with it, eh Microsoft?!!! :|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home