Sunday, January 20, 2008

a new semester, a new set of roommates

I don't know how I get so lucky. :|

The one in my room is a neat freak, constantly leaving notes and complaining about the apartment being "gross" all the time, when it really isn't. Obviously her home is a lot better than mine, because I don't call a *tiny* bit of clutter and a few dishes in the sink gross. Now, stuff all over the place and a sink *full* of dishes and disgustingly dirty floors and counters and stuff...*that* might be gross. But as it is, we are no better, but no worse either, than the average college student apartment. Get used to sharing a living space with people who don't mind a little mess, kiddo.

One of the other two is, well, let's just say that I've nicknamed her "squirrelly". She is constantly running...yes RUNNING...around the apartment, and it's actually quite noisy! Her footfalls are very heavy, she slams every door she uses, and she goes scampering around doing who knows what multiple times in a row. Seriously. This morning, as my roomie and I are trying to sleep, this is what I hear. Door slam, two seconds pass, door open, scamper to the kitchen, scamper back, slam door, open it two seconds later, scamper back and forth...etc. for about five minutes! I mean, seriously, where's the fire? And did I mention how noisy the process is? Then you add in the fact that her headphones are blaring loud enough that I can hear them as well, and the fact that she slams the bathroom door and slams the lid down EVERY SINGLE TIME she uses the bathroom, rather than politely shutting it quietly...my GOSH it is freakin' frustrating. And you wouldn't even guess how loud she is because she's also deathly shy, except when talking to the other one in her room.

The third roommate...has no inside voice. She's quite friendly, a fellow art major with just a few quirks like we all have, but she does not know how to speak quietly. Not even at one in the morning, when she and Squirrelly yap it up while we two are trying to sleep in here. And she also likes to slam down the toilet lid.

I just.don't.get.it.

HOWEVER, beyond all of their quirks and such, I really do prefer this set of roommates over last semester's. Overall, we all tend to keep to ourselves, but when we do converse, we actually like each other, and I don't feel like they're just being nice to my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home