Monday, October 26, 2009

Tech-knowledge-y

Was trying to be clever with the title. *shrug*

This story is actually sorta old, considering I've had my new phone since, oh...June? July? I don't remember. But I got it about halfway through the summer. I think. Anyway, it's been awhile.

My old phone, a cute little red LG Chocolate, was my favorite toy. The one before that had also been my favorite toy, but unlike *that* one, the Chocolate never gave me any troubles until the very bitter end. I had a LOT of good pictures on it and had been starting to email them to myself when one day it just up and turned itself off (with about 3/4 of a charge still left) and wouldn't turn back on. I tried plugging it in, taking out the battery and putting it back in, and a couple other things I'd been told to try before finally taking it in to the Verizon store for them to take a "professional" look at it. Basically, the end result was that the guy tried everything I did, and nothing worked for him either.

It's like I just can't keep ahead of the technology curve. It's nice that you can transfer all your contacts and pictures and everything from one phone to another when you get a new phone, even when you switch service providers. But the phones have to be ON for the transfer to take place. It just seems so stupid to me that apparently there's NOTHING they can do for me, and even stupider that the phone would just plain stop working like that, with no previous problems or hints that it was dying. UGH.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Samsung Alias2. But I hadn't been planning on a new phone when the LG was working just fine, and losing all of my contacts and pictures really leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day. Ah well, life goes on.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had that happen to me too only mine was water damage from my two year old putting it in the toilet! Phones are tricky. I hate to say it but I cannot live without mine. I can go a week with it being lost but I felt like my life was so out of order. Good luck with the new phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home