Wednesday, September 27, 2006

a lesson in postal etiquette

Rule #1 - When sending a package to a friend or loved one that includes an object that ticks or beeps when turned on, take out the batteries first!

Lol! My mom sent me a package that contained my new driver's license, some other mail that's been arriving in my absence, some Sixlets (my favorite candy), and a metronome. I am SO lucky that the metronome didn't turn on until I picked it up. I mean, can you imagine what would have happened in the post office or whatever?! I work in mail services on campus, which is why I got to it before it would normally be delivered, and I freaked my boss out at first.

"Um, hey Jim? My package is ticking."
"...what?!"
"Oh don't worry though, it's just the metronome my mom sent me."

He still wasn't quite convinced, but he let me go without further questions. Lol. It's weird because I just read the policies on anthrax and "ticking" packages and such yesterday. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home